To provide a fair and equal work environment and protect all workers’ rights, while ultimately helping our members secure employment and achieve success in the floorcovering industry.
Our core objective is to help members obtain a adequate wage so they and their families can enjoy a quality standard of living and financial security. We endeavour to increase market share by providing competitive, quality installations by trained union installers.
- To organize workers
- To encourage an apprenticeship system and a higher standard of skill
- To develop, improve and enforce the program and standards of Occupational Safety and Health
- To cultivate friendship, and to develop good public relations in the community
- To assist each other to secure employment
- To reduce the hours of daily labour
- To secure adequate pay for our work
- To promote the establishment of fringe benefit plans for our members through the collective bargaining process
- To elevate the moral, intellectual and social conditions of all our members and to improve the trade in every way possible